Wednesday 15 August 2012

New Work, Portraits & The Olympics: it's shaping to be a great August!

It's all go at HBJB headquarters: drawing, research and new projects ahoy!

Firstly, I've started a range of portraits of my idols - you've seen the first already with Patti Smith in the last blog post - and there's more in the pipeline so expect more coming soon. If you'd like a portrait (it doesn't have to be an icon) get in touch.

Also, I really got into the Olympics, such a great way to work with such focus, ambition and success going on in the background, I was hoping it would bleed through into my own work!  

During that fortnight, I worked on a couple of related illustrations, one of which was inspired during the closing ceremony, which - let's face it - was a mixed bag, but seeing Darcey Bussell and the Royal Ballet perform was pretty spectacular!  I've been a ballet fan since I was even tinier than I am today and loved the dubstep breakdown!

Darcey Bussell and the Royal Ballet performing at the London 2012 Olympics closing ceremony by HoBoJoBo.

And finally, I'm now working on my first product range, very excited but that's for another day - such a tease! 

Until next time...!

1 comment: